On July 24, 1947, Carl Waibel, Sr. opened Waibel Electric as a radio and electric shop. The first office was located on Whittier Street in Columbus, Ohio. Shortly after, Carl Sr. was joined by his brother, Al Waibel. The brothers worked together until 1950.
In 1948, Carl’s cousin, Bob Waibel, began working at Waibel Electric. In 1960, the two went into partnership together. This partnership continued until 1976.
In 1969, Carl Waibel, Jr. joined his father and cousin as an employee. After spending the next 14 years learning the business, Carl Jr. bought Waibel Electric in 1983. His brother Mark joined the company in August 1972 and has served the company as Residential Service Manager since 1984. The third generation of Waibels is now working for Waibel Electric - Carl Jr.’s son, Carl Waibel III, and Mark’s son, Andy Waibel.